I whipped up these peanut butter cookies on an overcast Sunday afternoon and it was a struggle to stop myself eating them all! Luckily most of them made it into my office the next day, but they didn’t last long there either! The best part is you can whip them up in under 30 minutes so it’s super easy to make more to replace the stash.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Melt the butter and then combine with the sugars
- Lightly whisk the egg then mix through the sugar and butter mixture, along with the vanilla essence
- Spoon in the peanut butter then gradually add the flour, mixing until thoroughly combined
- Line baking trays with paper and place roughly teaspoon sized balls on the paper, lightly flattening
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes on the tray then move to a wire rack to cool completely
I love that these peanut butter cookies only use one bowl to mix up. That way the dishes can be well and truly done before they even come out of the oven. I love that they are slightly chewy and definitely not lacking in peanutty goodness.
I used the Pic’s peanut butter I got in the February GoodnessMe Box and it’s excellent because you know there’s no additives or extra sugar going into the cookies. Plus, using a crunchy peanut butter means the cookies get some crunchy bits in them as well!
The only problem with telling everyone at work how easy these peanut butter cookies were to make is now they want me to bring them all the time! I shouldn’t complain though, I do love baking but it’s excellent to have a very willing group of people to hand the goodies off to. Much better than me eating them all myself!
ChelseaApril 2, 2018 at 3:19 pm (5 years ago)
Wow!!! These peanut butter cookies look great. hope these will taste good as they look.Reply