With all the delicious strawberries that have been around lately I have been finding lots of ways to eat them. It seemed only sensible to turn them into baked oatmeal too and this strawberry almond baked oatmeal was as delicious as hoped. Such a good use of strawberries!
- 2 cups oats
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3/4tsp sea salt
- 3tbs butter
- 1 3/4 cup of oat milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2tsp vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a square baking dish
- Combine the oats, 1/2 cup of the coconut, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and stir to combine
- In a separate bowl melt half the butter then add the milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Slice the strawberries into pieces and place on the bottom of the pan with half the flaked almonds
- Cover with the oat mixture
- Pour over the wet ingredients and ensure they have covered all the dry ingredients
- Scatter over the remaining strawberries, almonds and coconut and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden
- Melt the rest of the butter and drizzle over the top
As with all my baked oatmeal recipes, this strawberry almond baked oatmeal is super simple to whip up and lasts well too. I like to make it on a Sunday afternoon and then I have delicious breakfast ready and waiting for me for the working week. I’m yet to decide if I prefer this hot or cold because both are delicious, but thankfully both work!
I’m sure you could use frozen strawberries in this dish, but if they are as fresh and abundant where you live then I highly recommend making the most of the fresh ones. Plus, then you can have more fresh ones to serve on top! How can you go wrong with that for breakfast!