With the celebratory season well and truly upon us I thought I would share the recipe for one of my current favourite cocktails with you all – the strawberry Moscow Mule! It’s refreshing, delicious and oh so summery!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 fresh limes
- Ginger beer
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar is dissolved
- Chop half the strawberries and add to the saucepan, mash and simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool, the strain into a jug, pressing out as much liquid as possible
- Add the strawberry sugar syrup to a large jug and add the juice from the limes and 3-4 shots of vodka and stir well
- Add the ginger beer and stir to combine
- Serve with ice, extra sliced strawberries, fresh mint and lime slices in each glass and enjoy!
I’ve always been a fan of Moscow Mules because they aren’t overly sweet and these strawberry Moscow Mules are an excellent spin on the classic. I recommend you use actual ginger beer (I use Bundaberg) instead of ginger ale as it is less sweet and has a stronger ginger flavour, but whatever you can get your hands on will work!
I don’t know about you but I think these might be on the cards for Christmas day and New Years Eve for me!