Watermelon was on sale at my fruit & veggie shop recently so I found myself with a rather large one so whipped up this watermelon ginger cocktail! It’s refreshing, delicious and was the perfect accompaniment to a BBQ I was having!
- Half a watermelon
- 3 limes
- 500ml ginger beer
- Fresh mint
- Dice the watermelon and put roughly 1 cup on a lined baking tray and freeze
- Meanwhile, puree the remaining watermelon in a blender and then strain to remove any bits
- Stir in the juice of two of the limes
- Fill serving glasses with ice and then pour over the watermelon juice and a shot or two of vodka
- Top with ginger beer and add fresh mint and slices of the remaining lime and stir
- Garnish with frozen watermelon cubes and enjoy!
I love that because watermelon is so naturally sweet there’s no need to add any sugar syrup into the mix. It’s fizzy, fruity and oh so tasty! I tend to half fill the glass with the watermelon juice before topping with ginger beer, but you can play around with the quantities to suit your tastes. The zesty lime is a pretty excellent addition as well! I highly recommend you give this watermelon ginger cocktail a try for yourself!