After making biscuits using quinoa flakes a few weeks ago I decided it was time to try a slightly different recipe and use some of the desiccated coconut I had sitting in the cupboard. These turned out really tasty and aren’t overly sweet so make a great morning snack with a cup of tea. I used coconut sugar but if you don’t have any brown sugar (or a liquid like agave syrup) will work as well.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Mash the banana in a bowl then add the oil, vanilla and milk. Stir to combine
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined
- Spoon onto baking paper lined trays and bake for 18 minutes
- Leave to cool slightly then enjoy!
What’s your go-to biscuit combination? Have you baked with quinoa flakes before?