I have a feeling this winter is going to be one full of soups for me, as now that I own a food processor the possibilities appear to be endless! I’m loving making up a big batch and then eating it for a few nights in a row with some crusty bread. Simple but it really hits the spot! The addition of the cannellini beans really help make the soup as they add bulk and protein whilst also helping make it extra smooth, creamy and delicious. Perfect!
- Head of cauliflower
- 2 medium potatoes
- Can of cannellini beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tbs ground cumin
- 1 litre veggie stock
- Finely dice the leek, onion and garlic
- Peel the potatoes and dice into roughly 2cm cubes
- Roughly chop the cauliflower
- Heat some oil in a heavy bottom saucepan and cook the leek, onion and garlic until transparent
- Add the cumin and mix through
- Add the potato, cauliflower, stock and cannellini beans and stir to combine
- Cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly then process until smooth
- Reheat and season with salt and pepper
You can add a touch of cream if you like (I did) but it doesn’t really need it thanks to the cannellini beans, so it’s up to you!
What’s your go-to winter meal? Are you a soup fan as well?