I found myself with some overripe bananas hiding in the bottom of my fruit bowl one weekend, so knew it was time to get baking! This coconut banana bread was the result and it’s an absolute winner. Super simple to whip up and oh-so-tasty!
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 270ml coconut cream
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin
- Mash bananas in a large bowl then add the eggs, coconut cream and vanilla extract. Whisk well to combine
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and soda
- Add the cinnamon, brown sugar and coconut and fold to combine
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 1 hour, until a skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely
Seriously, that’s how easy this coconut banana bread is! It only needs one bowl and no messing around with mixers so clean up is a breeze. That’s hard to beat in my books, especially when I usually have a bunch of other food on the go at once!
The addition of the coconut cream makes this so moist and delicious, without overpowering the flavour. I recommend going with the full-fat version because it’s extra creamy – and this isn’t meant to be a health food anyway!
This coconut banana bread is equally delicious warm from the oven, or toasted the next day with lots of butter. It would make an excellent lunchbox treat, or a mid-morning work snack with a cuppa. Basically, it’s just delicious at all times! Just try stopping at one slice!