With the crazy hot weather we had in Melbourne over the summer, being able to have hearty salads for dinner with some grilled tofu or haloumi became a must. Even spending too much time over the stove was too much, let alone turning on the oven! That’s where this salad came to the fore and it didn’t disappoint! The lentils provide bulk and protein and the fresh, crisp vegetables are deliciously refreshing. I kept it simple with some lemon juice and oil as the dressing, it really doesn’t need any more than that!
- 2 cans lentils
- Large handful baby spinach
- Lebanese cucumber
- Small red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- Large bunch mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbs olive oil
- Drain and rinse the lentils and place on a serving dish
- Thinly slice the cucumber and red onion
- Dice the tomato
- Finely dice the mint
- Add all ingredients to the lentils and toss to combine
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil
Simple and delicious flavours, bright colours and it’s also healthy – what more could you want?!
What’s your go-to for hot weather meals? Are you a fan of salads for dinner?