This recipe is a super quick and easy meal I like to make a big batch of to use for work lunches – it’s healthy, filling and full of veggies. You can pretty much use whatever veggies you have on hand, so I used what I had left from this fortnight’s veggie box delivery.
I was pretty lazy and used a jar of salsa this time, but if you’ve got time (and the right ingredients on hand) then making your own would obviously work too!
- Brown rice (as much as needed depending on how many people you’re feeding)
- Green capsicum
- Kidney beans
- Sour cream (leave out if you want it vegan)
- Corn chips
- Put your brown rice on to cook however you prefer (I use a rice cooker)
- Cook the corncob in boiling water, remove and leave to cool before removing the kernals
- Dice all vegetables
- Heat a frypan and add kidney beans, diced vegetables and corn
- Gradually add the salsa and mix around with the bean and vegetable mixture, cooking until the vegetables have softened slightly
- Spoon the bean and vegetable mixture over the cooked rice
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream and corn chips (for dipping)
What have you been cooking this week?
Lisa @ Greek VegetarianFebruary 13, 2013 at 10:39 am (10 years ago)
Hi Liz, after reading your post about organic veggie box deliveries I did a bit of investigating and I think I’ll go with the same company you use. They deliver to my area and their website is really easy to use. Thanks for the heads up!! Your Mexican bean salad looks pretty darn good to me. Great combination of flavours.Reply
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)February 13, 2013 at 11:32 am (10 years ago)
That’s great to hear! Will be interesting to compare what veggies we both get. I get the veggie-only box every second Thursday.
Thanks for commenting!