This recipe is a super quick and easy meal I like to make a big batch of to use for work lunches – it’s healthy, filling and full of veggies. You can pretty much use whatever veggies you have on hand, so I used what I had left from this fortnight’s veggie box delivery.
I was pretty lazy and used a jar of salsa this time, but if you’ve got time (and the right ingredients on hand) then making your own would obviously work too!
- Brown rice (as much as needed depending on how many people you’re feeding)
- Green capsicum
- Kidney beans
- Sour cream (leave out if you want it vegan)
- Corn chips
- Put your brown rice on to cook however you prefer (I use a rice cooker)
- Cook the corncob in boiling water, remove and leave to cool before removing the kernals
- Dice all vegetables
- Heat a frypan and add kidney beans, diced vegetables and corn
- Gradually add the salsa and mix around with the bean and vegetable mixture, cooking until the vegetables have softened slightly
- Spoon the bean and vegetable mixture over the cooked rice
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream and corn chips (for dipping)
What have you been cooking this week?