I seem to be making a different batch of cookies every week at the moment which has made me fairly popular with my housemates! I made these cookies large and quite flat so they were crispy on the edges and more doughy in the middle, but if you wanted you could make them smaller (and then they might last longer!) but remember to shorten the cooking time – nothing worse than burnt biscuits!
- 110g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups mixed choc-chips
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Zest the orange and chop into small pieces. Set aside juice of half the orange
- Cream the butter and sugar until combined and light in colour
- Add the zest, juice, egg and vanilla and beat well
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and fold until combined
- Add the choc chips and fold through
- Spoon onto lined baking trays and flatten slightly. Leave space as they will spread
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden
- Cool on a wire rack and then enjoy!
Do you prefer your cookies flat and crispy or more on the doughy side?