I love a soba noodle salad – they turn up on regular rotation for my work lunches. This soba with tofu and snow peas dish is no exception, and made me a very happy camper at work! Best part is, this dish is ready in basically no time at all!
I slightly amended a recipe from Bon Appetit
- 1 garlic clove
3tbs lemon juice
3tbs white miso
1tbs dijon mustard
1tsp maple syrup
½ cup olive oil
225g soba noodles
Half a bunch of spring onions
1 1/2 cups snow peas
- Small bunch radishes
- 250g baked tofu
2 nori sheets
- Mince the garlic then combine in a jug with the lemon juice, miso, mustard and maple syrup. Whisk together and add the oil slowly, whisking until emulsified. Set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and rinse
- Add to a serving dish and pour over 3/4 of the dressing, tossing to coat the noodles
- Thinly slice the spring onions, snow peas and radishes and add to the noodles
- Cut the tofu into slices and add to the noodles, tossing to combine all ingredients
- Drizzle over the remaining dressing then crumble the nori sheets over the top to serve
That’s all there is to this soba with tofu and snow peas dish! I used a block of smoked tofu, but any type will work! If you don’t have pre-cooked tofu then just thinly slice some firm tofu and fry or bake it to your liking.
The dressing is what really makes this dish – it’s seriously packed with flavour. You can even make the dressing ahead of time if you want which makes this even quicker to whip up!
The combo of the creamy dressing with the fresh, crunchy veggies makes this soba with tofu and snow peas dish a serious winner. It’s also healthy and vegan friendly, so it ticks a whole lot of boxes! An excellent work lunch option, that’s for sure!