I’ve been in a bit of a fritter phase lately – I love how versatile they are and that you can eat them pretty much any time of the day! These sweet potato & carrot fritters are no exception – breakfast, lunch or dinner, they’re delicious no matter when you eat them!
- Red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Finely chop the onion and cook over medium heat with a splash of oil for 2-3 minutes, until softened
- Add the minced garlic, cumin and ground coriander and stir through, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat to cool
- Meanwhile grate the carrot and sweet potato (I used my food processor) and finely chop the coriander
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, flour and baking powder then add the carrot, sweet potato, onion and coriander, stirring well to combine
- Heat some oil in a fry pan and spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the pan. Flatten gently and cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping and cooking the other side, until golden and cooked through
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding extra oil as required
There are pretty much endless ways you can serve these sweet potato & carrot fritters! For breakfast I like to top them with an egg and serve with a giant pile of wilted spinach, or a dollop of greek yoghurt on top with a sprinkle of fresh coriander and mint. You can pop them in a sandwich, or serve them with a hearty salad on the side for lunch or dinner. It really just relies on your imagination!
I’d recommend cooking them as needed, but you can store the uncooked mixture in an air tight container for a day or so in the fridge, just be sure to cook them all the way through. If you do need to reheat cooked fritters I recommend a sandwich press to ensure they don’t go soggy – no one wants a soggy fritter! I use coconut oil to cook my fritters which actually adds a delicious flavour to the mix!
Vicki @ Boiled Eggs & SoldiersOctober 5, 2016 at 11:53 am (6 years ago)
I haven’t tried these before but am keen to try. Thanks for sharing with YWF too.Reply
Vicki @ Boiled Eggs & Soldiers recently posted…DIY Spelt Sourdough by Say! Little Hen
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)October 6, 2016 at 7:41 pm (6 years ago)
I hope you like them!
Kim @zonktdesignsOctober 5, 2016 at 8:54 pm (6 years ago)
YUM YUM YUM YUM… I don’t think there are any other words.Reply
They also wouldn’t last any time in my presence. I’d gobble them up in seconds! lol
Kim @zonktdesigns recently posted…Your Weekly Feed #70 – Link up
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)October 6, 2016 at 7:42 pm (6 years ago)
Sweet potato is just so good isn’t it!