This is probably one of the absolute simplest recipes I have every shared, but that doesn’t mean it’s not delicious! Seriously, this baby cos with avocado dressing can be whipped up in no time and is packed with heaps of flavour. An excellent addition to any summer spread!
I slightly tweaked a recipe I found on Taste
- Small, ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- 2tsp mayonnaise
3 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- 3 baby cos lettuce
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a food processor, then add the parsley, buttermilk, lemon juice and mayonnaise
- Slice the spring onions and garlic and add to the food processor
- Process until combined and smooth, then season with salt and pepper
- Slice the lettuce into quarters lengthways
- Spoon some of the dressing onto your serving dish and spread, then place the lettuce on top
- Drizzle over more dressing, then sprinkle with pepitas to serve
Seriously, that’s how simple this baby cos with avocado dressing is! It is ready to serve in no time, which is always an absolute winner for me. This dish is so good for the silly season – it adds freshness and crunch to the table. A necessary counterbalance to the heavier dishes we often serve at this time of year! Add it to your menu for Sunday lunches, BBQs, you name it!
This baby cos with avocado dressing dish is best when whipped up just before you want to serve it, so the dressing keeps it freshness and the lettuce stays crunchy. Thankfully given it only uses one chopping board and the food processor it’s an easy one to do last minute!