Whilst hearty meals are my normal go-to in the colder months, sometimes I crave something that is still warming but just that little bit lighter and that’s where this coconut lime noodle soup comes to play! The best part is it’s ready in next to no time, making it perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 400g firm tofu
- 300g mushrooms
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 6cm fresh ginger
- Can of coconut milk
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3tbs soy sauce
- 2tsp brown sugar
- Chilli (optional)
- 3/4 cup coriander
- Cook the noodles according to package directions and set aside
- Cube the tofu and slice the mushrooms and set aside
- Bring the stock to the boil then reduce to a simmer
- Thinly slice the ginger and add to the stock, letting simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and stir through, let simmer for a minute
- Add the tofu and mushrooms and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until cooked through
- Add the lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and sliced chilli and stir through
- Add half the coriander and cook for another minute
- Separate the noodles into serving bowls and spoon over the soup
- Top with fresh coriander and fresh lime juice and enjoy!
The broth is zesty and light but the addition of the noodles ensures that the soup is still filling enough to work for dinner. I used button and portobello mushrooms but any kind would work! The whole thing is ready in under 25 minutes too which is always a definite win in my books, particularly when I’m freezing cold after walking home from work and need warming up ASAP!