With Christmas quickly coming up on us it starts to be time to plan the menu for the day, and a big pile of greens is always an excellent choice to balance out the meal. These cranberry hazelnut greens are not only fresh and light but very Christmassy in flavour, and they look pretty too!
This recipe is slightly adapted from one I found on Taste
- 700-800g greens
- 2tbs oil
- 120g dry roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Trim the greens and cook in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until bright green and still crunchy. Drain and rinse under very cold water then drain again and place on a platter
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and cranberries and mince the garlic
- Heat the oil in a fry pan then add the hazelnuts, cranberries and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add the red wine vinegar and stir through
- Spoon the hazelnut mixture over the greens, serve and enjoy!
I love the colour and texture of these cranberry hazelnut greens and whilst they are super simple to make they still look impressive enough to not look out of place on the Christmas table. This time I used a combination of asparagus and green beans but broccolini and snow peas would also be excellent choices as well – a combination of whatever you have on hand works!