This eggplant broccoli curry is a perfect late summer dinner. It’s full of flavour, easy to make and ready in next-to-no-time. Plus, it’s healthy too! Whip it up on a Sunday night and you’ll have dinner for the next few nights sorted as well!
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3tsp garam masala
- 2tsp cumin
- Chilli flakes (to taste)
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- Tin of coconut milk
- Head of broccoli
- Fresh coriander
- Flaked almonds
- Finely dice the onions and mince the garlic
- Heat some oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, until softened
- Add the spices and cook for another minute
- Dice the eggplant and add to the pan, tossing to coat in the spices and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the diced tomatoes and coconut milk, toss to combine and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes
- Cut the broccoli into florets and add to the pan, stirring to combine and cook for a further 5 minutes, until just cooked.
- Season, then serve topped with fresh coriander and lightly toasted flaked almonds
Broccoli isn’t a vegetable I think to use in a curry very often, but it works really well in this dish. I love how creamy this eggplant broccoli curry is, and the fact that it really takes no time at all to make. Plus, it’s pretty healthy too! Serve it with some brown rice to keep it healthy, or go all out with rice and naan for a more decadent affair!
It reheats nicely, but I haven’t tried freezing it as I’m not sure the texture of the eggplant would be all that good once defrosted. I’d love to know if you do try it though – the more things I can stock my freezer with at the moment the better!