After taking lots of sweet foods into the office I decided to mix things up and go savoury with these honey paprika spiced nuts. In fact, I could barely stop snacking on them so it was a miracle any made it into my office at all! They were a big hit though, and didn’t last long in the office either!
- 2tbs honey
- 3tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tbs paprika
- 2tsp salt flakes
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 3 cups nuts
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Mix together everything except the nuts in a small fry pan over low heat, stirring until the honey dissolves and the mixture is combined
- Pour over the nuts in a bowl and toss to coat well
- Pour onto a lined baking tray, spreading the nuts out evenly
- Roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove and leave to cool completely
I used a mix of cashews, almonds, macadamias and pepitas for this batch, but you really can use whatever you have on hand. I love how sticky and crunchy the nuts become, it’s seriously hard to stop after the first few!
These honey paprika spiced nuts are not only excellent for work, but for parties, movie nights and the like too! They’re so quick and easy to whip up, and you can store them in an airtight container for a few days as well. Good luck still having some left after that though!