Now, I know that hummus has lemon and garlic in it anyway, but trust me when I tell you this lemon garlic hummus is different. It really amps up those flavours and brings them to the fore, and it’s delicious! Perfect for snacking on and for spreading on your sandwiches and wraps. Yum!
- Can of chickpeas
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of a lemon
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2-3tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas then add to your food processor
- Add the lemon juice, half the lemon zest, tahini, minced garlic and 2tbs of the oil
- Blitz, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, and add the extra oil if needed to thin it out.
- Taste, then season with salt and pepper
- Spoon into your serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest
I was lucky enough to be sent some fancy salts from the Salt Box recently, so I used the garlic salt in this as well. I wasn’t kidding when I called it lemon garlic hummus! The salt added an extra delicious hit of garlic to the dip which I absolutely loved. They’re not paying me to say that either!
I made this dip for a work afternoon tea where it was very well received, and have since already made it again to add a punch to my wraps for lunch. Hummus has always been my go-to dip and this has quickly become my favourite variation. Plus, it’s seriously quick and simple to whip up – you won’t have to buy hummus again!
I love having homemade hummus on hand for quick snacks or to dollop onto my veggies at dinner time. It’s a great protein boost, as well as having lots of amino acids, fibre, iron and B vitamins, so it’s good for you whilst also being delicious!