For my first few recipes of 2020 I thought I would share some of the dishes we had for my family Christmas. Starting with this lemon mustard whole roasted cauliflower! It is a super simple, super impressive and super tasty dish. Making it the perfect centrepiece of a veg-friendly meal.
Given that we made this lemon mustard whole roasted cauliflower dish for Christmas lunch I didn’t get the chance to take many photos – and the ones I did are not in the slightest bit styled. So, instead you get to see the dish in it’s glory on our outside table! It’s so delicious that I thought it was worth sharing anyway!
I slightly tweaked a recipe from Good Food
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the dressing
- 1tbs baby capers
- 1/2tsp salt
- Juice of a lemon
- 1tbs wholegrain mustard
- 2tbs fresh parsley
- 1tbs baby capers
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Trim the outside leaves from the cauliflower and cut the stem so it can sit flat. Cut a cross in the stem and sit in a baking dish
- Brush over the oil and sprinkle with salt
- Roast for 45 min – 1 hr, until tender and a knife can go in easily
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Drain and rinse the capers and combine with the salt, lemon juice, mustard and half the parsley. Whisk well to combine
- Add the oil and whisk until well combined.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with remaining fresh parsley
That’s seriously all there is to this lemon mustard whole roasted cauliflower! It’s seriously delicious though – absolutely packed with flavour and pretty impressive looking as well. Even the meat-eating members of my family were keen for seconds of this!
I think the most impressive thing about this lemon mustard whole roasted cauliflower dish is how little work it is! Pop it in the oven, drizzle with a simple dressing and you’re done. My kind of cooking, especially for events when you have a whole host of other dishes to prepare!