It’s been a little while since I shared a recipe for bliss balls as I’ve been making my cranberry & cashew ones on repeat, but I decided it’s about time I tried something different! I wanted to use the matcha powder I bought before Christmas so decided to combine it with macadamia nuts for these matcha macadamia bliss balls!
These make the perfect pick-me-up snack as they have all the benefits of matcha, as well as the good fats from the macadamia and coconut oil, not to mention they’re mighty tasty! They’re suitable for pretty much anyone as they are dairy-free, vegan, raw and gluten free!
- 2 cups dates
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1tbs matcha powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (plus extra for rolling)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1tbs coconut oil
- Soak the dates in boiled water for 10 minutes to soften then drain
- Blitz the nuts in your food processor until large crumb sized
- Add the dates, matcha, coconut flakes and chia seeds and blitz to combine
- Slowly add the coconut oil until ingredients are well combined and forms a ball
- Roll into balls (roughly golf ball size) and roll into additional coconut if desired.
- Place on a tray and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before enjoying
You can store these in the fridge for up to a week, but you can also freeze them and eat them frozen if you’re after a deliciously cold treat. They’ll last a lot longer in the freezer, although they usually just get eaten up at my place so it’s not such a problem!
Matcha is forecast to be one of the biggest food trends of 2015 so if you want to try matcha powder then I highly recommend getting some from Matcha Maiden. It’s certified organic and incredibly well priced, plus you’d be supporting a very good friend of mine (but no, I’m not being paid to mention them and I bought my own matcha, I just love what they’re doing!)
Have you jumped on the matcha bandwagon yet? Fancy trying these matcha macadamia bliss balls to get you started?
[inlinkz_linkup id=491371 mode=1]