After making my bliss balls a few times I decided it was time to branch out and try some different flavour combinations. I had a bag of dried apricots that I was using in a different recipe, so decided to do an apricot and almond version and they turned out rather delish! They’re just as simple to make as the bliss balls, so if you liked those, maybe give these a try too!
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbs almond butter
- Soak the apricots and dates in warm water for a few minutes to soften then
- Whizz the almonds in your food processor to break them up a little – this helps the mixing process
- Add the apricots, dates, coconut and almond butter to the food processor and process until it all clumps together – you may need to add a splash of water if it isn’t binding together easily, but don’t add too much!
- Remove the mix from the processor and roll into small balls
- Coat the balls in more desiccated coconut, or alternatively chia seeds or even raw cacao powder
- Pop the balls in the fridge or freezer to set for at least an hour
Have you tried making a variation of these before? Any flavour combinations you would recommend?