I went through a stage quite some time back where I was experimenting with lots of different Bliss Ball varieties with traditional date & cacao balls, fig & goji bliss balls and apricot & almond balls all getting a run in my kitchen. I hadn’t made any in such a long time so when I was trying to think of a tasty snack to take to work I decided it was time to try a new flavour combination. I had a rather large supply of dried cranberries on hand so Cashew and Cranberry Bliss Balls seemed the appropriate way to go!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 2tbs raw cacao powder
- 1tbs coconut flakes (plus more for rolling)
- 2tbs coconut oil
- Place the cranberries and dates in a bowl and cover in boiling water for a 2-3 minutes to soften then drain
- Put the cashews in a food processor and blitz until in small pieces
- Add the cranberries, dates, cacao powder and coconut flakes and blitz to form a paste
- Add the coconut oil slowly while blitzing the mixture until it comes together to form a sticky dough
- Roll the dough into small balls and roll them in coconut to coat the outside then place on a tray
- Freeze for 30 minutes then enjoy!
These are best stored in the fridge and will last about a week (well, if you don’t eat them all beforehand!). They’re a delicious sweet treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about snacking on so are perfect for that 3pm slump at work!
Do you have a favourite bliss ball flavour combination?