Fresh but hearty salads have been calling to me lately – Spring is definitely in the air! This roast potato pea and radish salad is my current favourite – it certainly ticks all the boxes for me. It’s super simple to whip up, vegan friendly and perfect for picnics!
- 700g potatoes
- Olive oil
- 4-6 radishes
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1tbs capers
- 1tbs seeded mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and toss in some oil. Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until golden
- Just before the potatoes are done, thinly slice the radishes combine with the mixed greens in a serving bowl
- Cook the peas for 2-3 minutes, until bright green, and then rinse under cold water. Add to the serving bowl
- Chop the parsley and combine with the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, capers and seeded mustard. Whisk well then season with salt and pepper
- Add the roast potatoes to the bowl and drizzle over the dressing, tossing to combine
That’s all there is to this roast potato pea and radish salad! I love that there’s very little prep work needed, and almost no hands-on-cooking. Yet you end up with a delicious salad at the end of it! This made a great work-from-home lunch, and an equally delicious dinner served with some tofu or haloumi.
The lemony-caper-mustard dressing is zesty, light and super tasty. It turns what is otherwise a pretty simple salad into something with a lot more depth. Whilst this salad is especially delicious while the potatoes are hot, it is also very tasty when they have cooled down, making it perfect for picnics. Just dress when you’re ready to serve to avoid the leaves going soggy!