In my mind, any event that has multiple dishes to share must include some kind of potato dish. This potato salad with radish and fennel is perfect for summer BBQs, picnics in the park or even Christmas feasts. It’s simple, fresh and oh so tasty. Vegan friendly too!
- 700g potatoes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbs dijon mustard
- Ground pepper
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup dill
- 150g radishes
- Fennel bulb
- Half bunch spring onions
- Slice the potatoes into quarters
- Place in a saucepan and cover with water and season well with salt. Simmer until just cooked through (8-10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, oil and mustard and season with salt and pepper
- Drain the potatoes then place in a serving bowl and pour over most of the dressing. Toast to coat and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to let the flavours develop.
- When ready to serve, chop the herbs and thinly slice the radishes, fennel and spring onions
- Gently toss through the potatoes with the remaining dressing and serve
That’s all there is to this potato salad with radish and fennel! It’s so simple to whip up, but brings lots of fresh flavour to the mix. It’s particularly great if there’s going to be some heavier, or creamy, dishes in the mix – a bit of balance is always excellent. The fresh radish and fennel adds excellent crunch to the mix as well.
The longer you can let the potatoes absorb the dressing the better, which makes this a perfect make-ahead salad. You can even slice the remaining ingredients and have them ready to mix through just before serving. That makes it perfect if you have lots of things to get ready to serve!