These sesame rice noodles with broccoli and brussels sprouts are simple but oh so delicious. They’re an excellent quick and fresh lunch or dinner option, and they’re vegan friendly too. Definitely one to put on your meal plan!
I very slightly tweaked the recipe from Hetty McKinnon’s To Asia With Love (one of my absolute favourite cookbooks!)
- 300g dried thick rice noodles
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli
- 150g brussels sprouts
- Chilli oil
- Spring onions
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the noodles according to packet directions then drain, rinse under cold water and drain again
- Place in a large bowl and toss to coat with the sesame oil
- Whisk together the tahini and minced garlic with 1/2 – 3/4 cup water, until smooth and pourable. Season with salt and pepper
- Chop the broccoli into florets and halve the brussels sprouts
- Heat some oil in a large pan and add the broccoli and sprouts. Season with salt and pepper and cook, turning regularly, until tender and starting to char
- Combine the noodles, broccoli, sprouts and tahini sauce in a large bowl
- Top with chilli oil, sliced spring onions and coriander
There you have it, super simple sesame rice noodles! The dressing is creamy and delicious, and combined with the charred veggies works oh so well. I used the Everything Oil I made from the cookbook as my chilli oil, but whatever you have will work. I do recommend you whipping it up though if you have the cookbook!
This dish makes such a good quick dinner option as you can have it on the table in no time at all. If you want something a little heartier then a side of marinated tofu works excellently. Whatever you do I just recommend you give this dish a try!