This roast pumpkin and brussels sprouts baked gnocchi is the perfect winter dinner – hearty, warming, cheesy and delicious. You get plenty of veggies, along with some cheesy goodness – an excellent balance. I highly recommend you give this one a try!
I tweaked a recipe found on Taste
- 700g pumpkin
- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 1 red onion
- 1tbs sage leaves
- 1/3 cup cream
- 75g blue cheese
- 150g bocconcini
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Peel and dice the pumpkin in to cubes and halve the Brussels sprouts. Cut the red onion into wedges
- Place in a large baking dish with chopped sage leaves and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and starting to caramelise
- Cook the gnocchi in salted water for 2-3 minutes, then add to the pan and toss to combine with the roast vegetables
- Pour in the cream and top with torn cheeses
- Grill until cheese is melted and golden
There you have it – roast pumpkin and brussels sprouts baked gnocchi! The combo of cheeses adds such good flavour, and the dish is creamy without being overpoweringly so. It still feels like a vaguely healthy dish with all those veggies!
If you’re not planning on serving it all at once, I recommend finishing it as you need it. Roast up the veggies in advance, then just cook the amount of gnocchi you need fresh, top with cheese and cook until melted and heated through. It still makes for a super quick dinner option, but is much better than reheating for the texture of the dish. That of course requires any leftovers that require reheating of course!