In a world of fancy, dainty desserts and perfectly shaped macarons I think there’s something satisfying about a chunky, lopsided cookie. These are almost impossible to get wrong and can be as big or small as you like – they can even be more uniform in shape and size if that’s your style (clearly it’s not mine!). The combination of white chocolate and macadamia might not be earth shatteringly new, but it’s a classic for a reason. The mix of sweet white chocolate and a salty hit of macadamia is pretty perfect, and you can whip these up in under half an hour – perfect for that mid morning snack!
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- Cream the butter and sugar until lightened and combined
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed
- Fold in the two flours to form a dough
- Roughly chop the macadamia nuts
- Fold in the white chocolate, nuts and salt and mix until combined
- Spoon onto baking paper lined trays and bake for 15-20 minutes
Do you have a favourite combination for cookies? Are you a fan of chunky, lopsided cookies like I am?
This post is linked up with the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop, which this month is being hosted by The Sticky and Sweet Blog. The theme is cookies so click through to check out all kinds of delicious concoctions!