I do love a homemade granola, which is why I’ve shared a few of my favourite recipes here before. This apple almond granola has been my go-to breakfast for the last few weeks and boy is it delicious. Nutty, fruity and oh-so-simple to whip up!
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup dried apples
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray
- Roughly chop the almonds and place in a large bowl with the oats, seeds, coconut and cinnamon. Toss to combine.
- Pour over the maple syrup and coconut oil and stir through to coat all the ingredients
- Spoon onto the prepared tray and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly golden
- Remove from the oven and mix through the cranberries and roughly chopped dried apple, then leave to cool completely
I love the chewy, sweet bursts of dried apple in this granola. It adds such a great texture and you all know how much I love texture in my food! I’ve been having this apple almond granola for breakfast with a dollop of greek yoghurt and some fresh apple on top. I’ll be honest though, it’s also excellent straight from the jar!
Make sure you do let it cool down completely in the pan, it ensures it’s nice and crispy. It also helps some clumps form and we all know how delicious the clumps of granola are!
If you don’t have maple syrup then you can switch it up for honey or even rice malt syrup instead. Any will work just fine! It’s seriously such a simple breakfast to whip up. Make a batch on a Sunday afternoon and you’ll get to enjoy a delicious breakfast all week long!