Whilst I try not to snack at work too much, I do love a muesli bar. In my effort to reduce waste wherever I can I decided to whip up some of my own and these blueberry almond muesli bars were the result. They’re so simple to make and don’t even need the oven! I took a batch to work and they were happily gobbled up by my colleagues. I recommend you give them a try!
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 2/3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2tbs chia seeds
- 140g dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey (or agave syrup for vegan friendly option)
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- Toast the almonds in a dry pan until lightly golden. Leave to cool then roughly chop
- In a large bowl combine oats, puffed rice, almonds, coconut, chia seeds and blueberries
- In a small saucepan combine the almond butter, sweetener of choice and vanilla essence over medium-low heat until smooth and combined
- Pour over the oats mixture and stir until well combined
- Line a 20x30cm pan and press the mixture into the pan. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Remove from the pan and slice into bars
These blueberry almond muesli bars keep well in the fridge for a few days, so they are perfect to whip up on a Sunday and snack on through the work week. They’re great for lunchboxes too – although be sure to swap out the almond and almond butter for nut-free schools.
I cut the bars in half when I took them into the office which made for lots of excellent snack-sized pieces to share around. Although, most people went back for more than one piece!
AndreyaOctober 13, 2017 at 4:19 pm (6 years ago)
It looks stunning…These muesli bars are very healthy. Thanks for sharing this healthy recipe 🙂Reply
CindyOctober 16, 2017 at 9:36 am (6 years ago)
I love a homemade muesli bar too! You’ve chosen a great flavour combination here.Reply
Cindy recently posted…Swedish meatballs