I found some delicious looking pears at my local fruit & veggie shop and decided a salad was in order, and this beetroot pear salad was the result! It’s oh so tasty, easy to whip up and perfect for lunch or as a side at dinner. Yum!
I used pre-roasted beetroot to make this salad which definitely made it faster to whip up, but you can of course roast your own as well. I’ve shared instructions on how I roast beetroot in some old posts which you can find here.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 ripe pears
- 1/4 cup walnuts + 2tbs for the dressing
- 250g beetroot
- 75g feta
- Small bunch of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2tbs white wine vinegar
- 2tsp honey
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Place the spinach in a serving dish
- Thinly slice the pears and roughly chop the walnuts and add to the dish
- Slice the beetroot into chunks and add, along with the crumbled feta and fresh basil leaves
- Combine the olive, vinegar, honey, mustard and remaining walnuts in a jar and shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper
- Just prior to serving drizzle with the dressing and enjoy!
It’s seriously so quick and easy to whip up! I love that this beetroot pear salad has such a range of flavours and textures even with such a short ingredients list, and the dressing adds such a nice tang as well. I had to stop myself from eating the whole lot before I was meant to serve it up!
Do be careful when you’re cutting up the beetroot – it’s definitely not something you should prep while wearing white! I usually use a separate small chopping board for it so everything doesn’t go pink immediately, although it all ends up like that in the end I guess!