After making my date bliss balls and my apricot and almond bliss balls a few times I decided it was time to experiment and make them with something slightly different – fig! I added some goji berries, walnuts and almonds for crunch and the result was pretty delicious! They aren’t as sweet as the apricot ones, nor as chocolately as the date ones, but I really liked them so hopefully you will too!
- 1.5 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup nuts (I used half almonds, half walnuts)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Chia seeds and extra coconut for rolling
- Soak the figs and dates in warm water for a few minutes to soften them
- Blitz the nuts in a food processor to help break them up
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the ingredients are combined and form a sticky ‘dough’. If need be add some additional coconut oil or water to help the process – but add it slowly, you don’t want it runny!
- Roll the mixture into balls and then roll in coconut or chia seeds
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour and then enjoy!
Have you tried any kind of bliss balls? I’d love to hear your favourite flavour combinations!