Usually when I have time to do a cooked breakfast I go straight for something eggy – baked, scrambled, poached you name it. Occasionally however I find myself hankering for something a little more hearty, and that’s where these super easy, super quick beans come in to play. The best part is they store well in the fridge or freezer so you can whip up a big batch and just reheat them during the week – perfect!
- Small brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2tsp paprika (to taste)
- 1tsp chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1.5 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- Finely dice onion and mince the garlic
- Cook the onion and garlic in a splash of oil until lightly coloured
- Add the paprika and chilli seeds and stir for 1 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and sugar and mix through, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the beans and mix through, cook until warmed through (approximately 3-4 minutes)
- Enjoy with crusty bread, or as part of a breakfast feast!
What’s your go-to breakfast food? Are you a fan of the humble beans?