After seeing how easy baked eggs were on Stacey’s blog I decided to give them a go, mixing up the recipe a little to add a few other things I had in the fridge. Mine didn’t turn out quite as nice looking as Stacey’s did – but they still tasted delish!
- Eggs (1 person)
- Jar of tomato passata (half the jar for 2 people)
- Small onion
- Garlic clove
- Chilli flakes
- Fresh tomatoes
- Goat’s Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Dice the onion and garlic
- Cook the onion and garlic until transparent
- Add the passata, fresh tomatoes and chilli flakes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the spinach and goat’s cheese and stir through
- Pour the mixture into ramekins or a heatproof dish
- Crack an egg into each ramekin
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes – check regularly. You want the whites to be cooked but the yolks still runny
I’d recommend having some crusty bread on hand to help mop up the sauce – it can get a bit messy!
What’s your favourite way to have eggs?