Happy Monday folks! We’ve had some freezing weather in Melbourne recently but finally the sun is back out and we have a few days of crisp mornings but sunshine and blue skies ahead – yippee! It’s making me feel like Spring is not too far away, so I decided to celebrate with a spring-esque dip!
I’ve also been beavering away behind the scenes here at I Spy Plum Pie HQ and I have finally set up a weekly newsletter to send to my lovely readers! If you’d like to get on the list then you can pop your email address in the little box in the sidebar and as a thankyou I’ll send you a free Healthy Drinks Guide ebook which is full of delicious smoothies, juices, flavoured waters, iced teas and more!
Now, on to the dip!
- 2 cups frozen or fresh peas
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Salt & pepper to season
- Cook peas in boiling water until just tender, then drain and set aside to cool
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic and mint in a food processor and blitz until combined and the mint is finely chopped
- Add the peas and tahini and blitz until almost smooth.
- Taste, season with salt & pepper then blitz until smooth
The dip is creamy, slightly zingy, fresh and full of flavour – perfect for dipping crackers and veggies or spreading onto some toasted sourdough and topped with crumbled feta. Delicious! Plus, look how bright green it is! Can’t go wrong with that!
What’s been cooking in your kitchen lately? Tried anything new and exciting you’d like to share? I’d love to hear about it!
PS. Have you entered my menulog giveaway yet? There’s still time to win yourself a voucher, and who can say no to free food?!