If you’ve been around these parts for long then you’ll know I’m a rather large fan of homemade dips, there are so many flavour combinations and they’re generally super easy to whip up, so making them at home just makes sense! Today’s recipe is no exception, it’s full of flavour and it takes under 15 minutes to prepare, can’t go wrong with that!
I made this dip as a snack to take to work, the ricotta is full of protein and calcium so it’s great to give me some mid-afternoon energy and keep me full through to dinner. I just have to make sure I don’t eat too much of it, as it’s not exactly a low-fat ingredient!
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 275g ricotta
- Juice of a lemon
- 2tsp chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 3tsp oil (from sundried tomatoes)
- Finely chop the sundried tomatoes and basil
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until lightly golden
- Combine the sundried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts and ricotta in a bowl and mash together
- Add the lemon juice and chilli flakes and stir through, then gradually add 2 tsp of the oil
- When all combined drizzle the remaining oil on top and serve
Easy as that! Jam packed with flavour and ready in an instant. No need to buy dip when it’s that simple to prepare at home!
What’s been cooking in your kitchen recently? Any dips I should try out?