We’re back for another year of Meatless Monday Linkup fun! Today I’m kicking things off with a delicious, cooling iced tea!
Over Summer I like to switch from drinking just water (which I drink a lot of when I’m at work!) to more interesting, refreshing options like iced teas. Last summer I drank a lot of citrus and pomegranate iced teas, but this summer I got my hands on a large pile of super fresh and juicy peaches so this peach mint iced tea was born!
The mint makes this nice and zingy while the peaches are sweet enough to mean there’s no need to add any sugar so this is not only a delicious and cooling option, but a healthy one too!
- 5 cups boiling water
- 5 peppermint tea bags (or equivalent loose leaf)
- 6 peaches
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs mint
- Ice to serve
- Combine the boiling water and tea bags and leave to steep for 5-7 minutes then remove tea bags and discard. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Peel then roughly chop 3 peaches and combine with 1/2 a cup of the mint tea and blend until smooth. Strain the puree and place in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate the tea and puree for at least an hour, the longer the better
- When ready to serve slice the remaining peaches and the lemon, and place in glasses along with the mint leaves and ice.
- Combine the puree and the tea and stir until mixed. Pour into the glasses and serve
This makes enough to serve about 4 large glasses, but it’s super easy to make more of if you’ve got a party to serve! The mint is perfect for cooling you down as well, so it’s a great option to have in your fridge for those long hot days ahead!
If you like the look of this iced tea then you might want to get your hands on my Healthy Drinks Guide which is jam packed with delicious drinks, perfect for summer! It’s all yours if you pop yourself on the mailing list for my weekly newsletter which you can do right here, or in the signup box below (and I promise not to spam you ever!).
What do you drink in the summer heat? Fancy trying this peach mint iced tea?
[inlinkz_linkup id=481132 mode=1]