With the colder weather upon us curry is going to be on high-rotation in my meal plan. I wanted to try something a little different, so gave this pumpkin tofu curry tray bake a try. I love that once it’s in the oven I don’t have to do anything to it, meaning I can get on with other things and still end up with a healthy and delicious dinner. Perfect!
I tweaked a recipe I found on Taste
Bunch of broccolini
- Bunch of baby or Dutch carrots
Can of corn spears
500g firm tofu
- 3tbs yellow curry paste (homemade or pre-purchased)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- Fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Trim and halve the broccolini lengthwise and trim the carrots, set aside
- Drain the can of corn spears and set aside
- Cut the pumpkin into 1cm wedges, removing the seeds
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes
- Heat the curry paste in a small pan for a couple of minutes, until fragrant. Add half the coconut milk and stir to combine, cooking for another minute
- In a large baking dish place the broccolini, carrots, corn spears, pumpkin and tofu
- Pour over the curried coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups water and bake for 35 minutes
- Add the remaining coconut milk, stir through and bake for another 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander to serve
This pumpkin tofu curry tray was seriously tasty. I love the combo of vegetables, plus the addition of tofu to up the protein component. The fact that I can pop it in the oven and walk away is also a big win, making it perfect for a mid-week dinner or as part of a Sunday afternoon cook up. It reheats well too!
This dish is super creamy but still healthy given there’s only one can of coconut milk in the mix. Plus with all those veggies you can’t really go wrong! I served mine up with some brown rice and papadums because, well, why not!
I usually prefer to make my own curry paste (or spice mix) because it can be hard to find vegetarian friendly ones, but there are thankfully a few brands around that I keep on hand for those days when I just don’t have the time or energy to make it from scratch. If you are looking for a good yellow curry paste recipe to make your own, this one is an excellent place to start!