You’ve probably noticed that I’m a big fan of simple, quick dinner options and this one well and truly fits that bill as well. You can have this mushroom spinach gnocchi on the table in no time at all, plus it only needs one pot. Perfect for a mid-week meal – oh and it’s delicious too of course!
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 300g mixed mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 2tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 500g gnocchi
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup cream
- Thinly slice the leek and mince the garlic
- Thickly slice the mushrooms and set aside
- Add some oil to the bottom of a large pan and add the leek. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened then add the garlic and cook 1 minute
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until they release their juices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the white wine and gnocchi and stir to combine, then add the vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and stir through the spinach and the cream then remove from heat and season further if necessary
I love how creamy this mushroom spinach gnocchi is even though it only has a little bit of cream in it. So good! I used a mix of shiitake, flat and enoki mushrooms this time, but you can really use whatever mix of mushrooms you like best. I also used my favourite Salt Box garlic salt which as usual was an excellent addition.
This dish is an excellent one to have up your sleeve for those nights you just can’t be bothered cooking but still want something delicious and (relatively!) healthy. You can definitely have it on the table in less time than it would take to order takeaway, that’s for sure!