I had some gorgeous bunches of broccolini in my produce box recently, so wanted to make them the star of a dish. This roasted broccolini salad was an excellent result and couldn’t have been easier either! A perfect side dish!
- 2 bunches broccolini
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 2tbs olive oil
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g natural yoghurt
- Bunch of chives
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Trim the broccolini and slice any large pieces lengthwise
- Toss in some oil and place on a lined baking tray, sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a frying pan until fragrant, then roughly chop
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, minced garlic, yoghurt and chives in a blender and blitz until combined and smooth. Taste and season as required.
- Place the roasted broccolini on a serving dish and drizzle over the dressing and add the almonds
That’s all there is to this roasted broccolini salad! It’s fresh and light, and the dressing adds a zesty, flavour-packed punch to otherwise a very simple dish. I love the addition of the almonds for some crunch – I’m definitely one that loves a bit of texture in my salads!
It makes such an excellent addition to a lunch or dinner spread – I think it might even make an appearance for Christmas this year! The good news is, the leftovers tasted delicious cold the next day – if there are any leftovers that is! If you need to feed a crowd then this is a super easy dish to scale up – just make sure you roast the broccolini in single layers in the oven for best results.