This is one of those salads that is hearty enough to be a meal all by itself, without leaving you feeling sluggish and snoozy afterwards. It’s full of protein from the lentils, Vitamin A and C from the sweet potato and is a little bit fancy thanks to the addition of goats cheese! You can dress this salad in pretty much whatever dressing you like best – I went with a simple lemon juice and dijon mustard dressing, but seeded mustard, a tahini dressing or even an apple cider vinegar dressing would work well too. Make it your own!
- Sweet Potato (1 large or 2 small)
- Mixed greens
- 1 can organic lentils
- Goats cheese
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Peel and dice the sweet potato, then place on a pan and roast in a little oil for 25 minutes, or until cooked and softened
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined, season with salt & pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the lentils then place in a salad bowl with the greens and sweet potato, toss well to combine
- Add the goats cheese and drizzle through the dressing
Do you have a favourite salad dressing? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!