I always love it when pomegranate starts showing up in my fruit shop again as the juicy little seeds are perfect to jazz up pretty much any salad – including this sweet potato & pomegranate salad! It’s light, fresh, delicious and oh-so-simple to whip up!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- 2 cups rocket
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup feta
- 2 pomegranate
- 1tbs pomegranate molasses
- 2tbs red wine vinegar
- 2tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Slice the sweet potato and toss to lightly coat in coconut oil and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly golden
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the rocket, pepitas and crumbled feta
- Halve the pomegranates and, whilst holding over a bowl, gently squeeze, then hit with a wooden spoon to remove the seeds. Reserve the pomegranate juice before removing the seeds and adding them to the salad bowl
- Combine 2-3 tbs of the pomegranate juice with the pomegranate molasses, red wine vinegar and olive oil and whisk to combine then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the sweet potato is slightly cooled add to the salad bowl and toss to combine then drizzle over the dressing
This sweet potato & pomegranate salad is excellent to take along to a BBQ to add a spot of colour and flavour into the mix, but I also love it as a light lunch or served with some grilled haloumi for dinner. I do love this time of year!
The pepitas add some delicious crunch and the feta a spot of salty-goodness – seriously, this salad has it all! It keeps well too, so you can roast the sweet potato in advance and just combine the rest of the ingredients prior to serving making it perfect for part of a big feast!
merilynNovember 28, 2016 at 4:48 pm (7 years ago)
yum! i love your salads thanks liz!Reply
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)January 3, 2017 at 9:09 am (6 years ago)
Thanks lovely, I do love salads!
Vicki @ Boiled Eggs & SoldiersDecember 5, 2016 at 3:13 pm (7 years ago)
I love everything about this salad. Thank you for sharing with YWF too. xReply
Vicki @ Boiled Eggs & Soldiers recently posted…Your Weekly Feed # 79
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)January 3, 2017 at 9:13 am (6 years ago)
I’ve had to help a few people locate pomegranate molasses to make this so I’m hoping that means it’s been a hit!