Sometimes when I find myself with a range of vegetables that need using up I whip up a breakfast burrito for a quick and satisfying meal. The best part is you don’t even have to restrict them to just breakfast, they are equally delicious for a super fast mid-week dinner, or any time the desire hits!
I used tomato, mushrooms and capsicum this time, but onion, corn, zucchini and other veggies work equally as well – just whatever you have on hand really! If you’d prefer a vegan version, then scramble some tofu instead of the eggs – deeeelicious!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp cumin
- Pinch onion powder
- 2 eggs
- Tortilla wraps
- Greens (I used spinach and rocket)
- Mince the garlic and dice the vegetables
- Lightly beat the eggs
- In a pan heat some oil and cook the garlic and spices for 30 seconds
- Add the vegetables, stir together and cook until softened
- Add the beaten egg and mix together until the egg is cooked
- Heat the tortillas
- Top the tortillas with greens and avocado then spoon in the egg mixture
Easy as that! And so tasty and filling! Perfect for breakfast to fuel you through the work day, or for dinner when you can’t be bothered cooking something elaborate or time consuming. Wins all round!
Are you a fan of the breakfast burrito? What are your favourite fillings?