It has been a while since I have shared a bliss balls recipe with you fine folk, but I’m back to rectify that with these delicious lemon macadamia bliss balls! They are zesty, tasty & ready in no time, making them the perfect snack food!
- 10-12 medium dates
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup coconut + more for rolling
- Zest and juice of 2 small lemons
- 1-2tbs coconut oil
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10-15 minutes to allow them to soften
- Meanwhile, combine the macadamias, coconut and lemon juice and zest in your food processor and blitz until well combined
- Drain the dates and add to the food processor and blitz until well combined and a dough forms
- Slowly add the melted coconut oil until the mixture just comes together
- Roll into small balls then roll in coconut to coat
- Refrigerate for a few hours to set, then enjoy!
I love anything lemony so these are definitely right up my alley! They’re also completely vegan, gluten free and raw meaning they are likely to work for pretty much all dietary requirements. I also love that these aren’t too sweet as I often find bliss balls can be just that little bit sweet if they include too many dried fruits.
They keep really well in the fridge or freezer too, so they’re perfect to make ahead of time and then just grab and go when you need them! I popped a couple in a bag to come with me on the plane so that I had something delicious to snack on at the airport without having to resort to the overpriced, not-so-tasty options I generally find at airports!