Black beans are one of my pantry staples, I keep them on hand for quick Mexican dinners and healthy, delicious salads like this Mexican bean salad! I whipped up this for a BBQ at a friend’s place and it was gobbled up in no time. It’s super quick and easy to make and doesn’t even require turning on the oven which is always a win in summer. I recommend you give it a try!
- 2 cans of black beans
- 2 ears of corn, or 1 can of corn
- Red onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup coriander
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tbs cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1tbs chilli sauce
- Drain and rinse the black beans and place in a bowl
- Remove the corn from the cob, or drain and rinse the canned corn and add to the black beans
- Finely chop the red onion and dice the capsicums and avocado and add to the bowl
- Finely chop the coriander and add to the bowl, then toss all ingredients to combine
- In a small bowl combine the zest and juice of the lime with finely chopped garlic, cumin, olive oil and chilli sauce then season to taste
- Pour over the salad and toss gently to combine
I love the combination of fresh, zesty flavours as well as how bright and colourful this salad is. Plus, it’s healthy too! This Mexican bean salad is not only perfect to take along to a BBQ but makes an excellent light lunch or dinner option as well. It’s vegan friendly and gluten free so it suits all kinds of dietary requirements! Did I mention it’s ready in no time as well! Perfect for a quick mid-week meal or a last minute invite to a friend’s place!
bernadette edenApril 2, 2016 at 3:13 pm (7 years ago)
Hi, what do you use for chilli sauce? Ta.Reply
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)April 11, 2016 at 6:05 pm (7 years ago)
I have a few I use including sriracha & a few local ones I have picked up. Whatever you have on hand works!
bernadette edenApril 11, 2016 at 11:20 pm (7 years ago)
Thanks. I made this on the weekend and it was a huge hit.
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)April 24, 2016 at 1:37 pm (7 years ago)
So glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know!