I whipped up this parsley bean salad one very hot night when I just didn’t want to even turn on the stove let alone the oven and not only was it perfect for dinner but it made the best lunch the next day as well! Full of textures and flavours it’s both hearty and delicious!
I slightly amended the recipe from one at Cookie & Kate
- Can red kidney bean
- Can of butter beans
- Can chickpeas
- 1 small red onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2tbs chopped fresh dill or mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- small pinch chilli flakes
- Drain and rinse the three cans of beans and place in a large bowl
- Finely dice the red onion and dice the celery and cucumber and add to the bowl
- Chop the parsley and dill and add to the bowl, tossing well to combine all ingredients
- In a small bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and chilli flakes and whisk together until well combined
- Pour over the salad and toss well to combine
It’s hard to describe how much I loved this parsley bean salad, the lemony-dressing adds SO much flavour and I love the crunch from the celery as well. It also helps that the cucumber I used was grown by my mum and I grew the parsley myself!
It’s amazing how filling a salad can be even without having to do any cooking, and this can be whipped up so quickly that there’s no reason not to give it a try! I’ve already made it again for work lunches and I was a very happy camper by the time midday rolled around that’s for sure!