I felt like a pasta dish recently, but didn’t want anything too heavy or rich. This ratatouille spaghetti was the answer, and a very good one at that! It’s fresh, delicious and super simple to whip up. Plus, it reheats well and is vegan friendly too – wins all round!
I tweaked a recipe I found at Cookie and Kate
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 2 capsicum
- 1 onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1.4 cup olive oil
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- 2tsp dried basil
- 1tsp dried oregano
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Place the tomatoes on an oven tray and set aside
- Dice the eggplant, zucchini, capsicum and onion and spread on a lined oven tray
- Toss the tomatoes in some oil and season with salt and pepper
- Mince the garlic and combine with the oil, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes and dried herbs. Whisk to combine then pour over the diced vegetables, tossing to coat
- Roast for 20 minutes, then remove the tomatoes.
- Toss the vegetables then return to the oven for 10 more minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente then drain, reserving a cup of the pasta water
- Place in a serving dish and add the tomatoes and toss to combine, adding a little of the pasta water to help coat the pasta
- Add the roasted vegetables and stir through then top with fresh basil and additional salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
I know that looks like a lot of steps to get this ratatouille spaghetti but I promise it’s super simple! Plus, the oven does most of the work for you, which is always a plus in my books! If you don’t need it to be vegan friendly (or dairy free) then add some hard cheese on top when you’re ready to serve.
This was such a great way to use more summery vegetables but still in a warming, hearty dish. It was a great one to whip up on a Sunday afternoon and then have a delicious dinner of ratatouille spaghetti ready for me to reheat for Monday night dinner as well!
CharSeptember 28, 2020 at 3:40 pm (2 years ago)
did you serve this with cheese? it’s not in the ingredients but it sure looks like it in the picsReply
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)September 28, 2020 at 7:43 pm (2 years ago)
Yup! I mentioned in the text that I added some but to leave it off you want a vegan friendly version (or just don’t want cheese!)