I felt like a fresh, delicious salad for my work lunches recently – my go to really! This roast broccoli cannellini bean salad was the result and I was a very happy camper. Plus, it’s super simple to whip up which is always something I look for!
- 2 medium broccoli
- Olive oil
- 2 tins cannellini beans
- 3 medium radish
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 100g feta
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Chop the broccoli into florets and toss in some olive oil
- Place on a lined baking tray and roast for 20 minutes, turning once, until slightly charred
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the cannellini beans and place in a serving bowl
- Thinly slice the radish and add to the serving bowl with the spinach
- Add the roast broccoli then toss to combine
- Top with the mint, crumbled feta and flaked almonds
- Whisk together the lemon juice and zest, olive oil and mustard, taste and season
- Drizzle over the salad and gently combine
That’s all there is to this broccoli cannellini bean salad! I love that the beans make this substantial enough salad to have for lunch, and the radish is excellent for some crunch. Feta and a lemony-mustard dressing are always good in my books – salty, zesty and delicious. Simple definitely doesn’t equal boring in this case!
I think this broccoli cannellini bean salad will be making a repeat appearance on my menu plan this year. It works well as a picnic dish as well – the broccoli is just as delicious once it has cooled down. Just keep the dressing and flaked almonds on the side until you’re ready to serve.