Another week, another dip here on I Spy Plum Pie! This one is a new favourite here at ISPP HQ as it works equally well served with crudités and crackers, or as a spread to make even the most simple sandwich a whole lot tastier! It makes a nice change from hummus as well! So here we go, my rosemary & parsley cannellini bean dip!
As always, homemade dips are so much easier, cheaper and tastier than the store bought options – plus, you can control exactly what goes in them! No preservatives, no unnecessary ingredients and you can flavour them just the way you like them!
- 2tbs rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Roughly chop the parsley and mince the garlic
- Combine with the oil in a small pan and cook for a few minutes, until the garlic is just starting to change colour, remove from the heat
- Put the beans in your food processor and blitz briefly to break them down
- Roughly chop the parsley and add to the beans with the lemon juice and zest and the oil with the rosemary and garlic
- Blitz until combined and smooth, taste and season with salt and pepper
Easy as that! Toasting the garlic and rosemary in the oil helps to really infuse the flavour, making it shine through a little more than if you just add it straight into the food processor. It adds a few minutes to the preparation (and one more dish to clean!) but I think it’s definitely worth the effort.
I love how creamy this dip is, cannellini beans make such a great base for the dip and given they aren’t strong on flavour themselves they really let the other flavours shine through. Deeeelicious!