I don’t cook a whole lot of pasta meals, but when I do I like to keep them as simple as possible with just a handful of fresh vegetables and no heavy sauce. This is a perfect example of that, it doesn’t involve much work but it is full of delicious flavours – just what you need for a quick meal on a warm Spring night!
I used frozen baby peas when I made this, but by all means if you have fresh peas then go for your life! Broad beans would also work really well, so sub them in if you have some on hand!
- Baby peas
- Pasta (I used fettucini, but go with your favourite!)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Chilli flakes (to taste)
- Baby spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- Chop your asparagus into pieces roughly 3cm long, then cook in boiling water with the peas for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Cook your pasta as per the packet instructions
- Heat some oil in a frypan and heat the minced garlic for a minute, then add the chilli flakes and stir together
- Add the spinach and stir through
- As the spinach starts to wilt add the asparagus and peas to the pan, stir to combine and squeeze over the lemon juice
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan, tossing to combine
- Place in bowls, top with bocconcini and enjoy!
What’s your favourite addition to a pasta dish? Are you a fan of tomato based sauces, or a more simple dish?