These deliciously eggy tarts are a variation on the Sundried Tomato & Feta ones I made back in January and are perfect for a grab & go breakfast, or as a light lunch when served with a side salad. This time they’re zucchini, pea & feta tarts instead!
I love the combination of the zucchini & mint, and the peas provide a great little pop of flavour. Plus, I’ll never say no to feta, which gives the whole tart a deliciously creamy salt hit. I also love the rustic look of the puff pastry casings which puff up in all kinds of shapes in the oven!
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup peas
- 100g feta
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Grease two six-hole muffin pans
- Cut puff pastry sheets into quarters and line the muffin pans
- Slice the zucchini into ribbons, then chop into small pieces and finely chop the mint
- Evenly distribute 2/3 of the zucchini, mint, & peas across the 12 pastry cases.
- Crumble half the feta into the pastry cases
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and cream and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry cases
- Distribute the remaining zucchini, mint, peas & feta across the top of the egg mixture
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is lightly browned and the eggs are set
- Enjoy warm or cold!
Now if only the weather was nicer so I could take these to a picnic like I did with the sundried tomato version! Ah well, hopefully soon!